This exciting new disc gives fresh voice to one of Sydney’s best preserved historic organs, with a very wide variety of pieces that showcase the instrument’s dual personalities as both a Liturgical and concert organ.
Kurt Ison is the Convener of the Christ Church St Laurence Sydney’s successful monthly organ recital series that was launched in 2009. He is also one of Australia’s leading organists, having played solo concerts in prestigious venues such as St Paul’s Cathedral London, Notre Dame Cathedral Paris, Washington National Cathedral and Westminster Abbey.
- Sonata no 3 in A Major (from Six Sonatas for organ, opus 65, no. 3) – Felix Mendelssohn
- Prière (Moderato Cantabile. Risoluto) (from the École d’orgue 1862) – Jacques-Nicolas Lemmens
- Prélude sur l’introït de l’Epiphanie, opus 13, (1961) – Maurice Duruflé
- “Earth’s crammed with Heaven” for organ solo – Stacey Xiaoyu Yang
- Pastorale – Alfred Hollins
- Prelude and Fugue in G Major BWV541 – JS Bach
- Voluntary on ‘Tallis Canon’ (opus 118) – Brett McKern
- Prelude, Fugue and Variation (from Six Pieces, opus 18, no. 3) – César Franck
- Voluntary VIII in D Major (from Vesper Voluntaries opus 14) – Sir Edward Elgar
- Fantasia and Toccata in D Minor, opus 57 – CV Stanford
This CD production was assisted by the OHTA through a grant from the “Christopher Dearnley Award”.
The CD may be obtained digitally as well as the traditional format (order using supplied form).Download CD Order CD