GAZETTEER OF QUEENSLAND PIPE ORGANS
by Geoffrey Cox
published by the Organ Historical Trust of Australia 2012
Please click on the links below for
The Gazetteer of Queensland Pipe Organs was first published in hard copy by the Society of Organists (Vic) Inc in 1976. Like other Gazetteers published around this time, it provided only synoptic specifications and a limited number of photographs. The author provided historical and technical documentation for organs in Queensland for the OHTA conference books in 1989, 1998 and 2007, and this has become the basis for the present comprehensive documentation of every pipe organ known to have existed in Queensland. With the completion of the present html format of the Gazetteer of Queensland Pipe Organs in the latter half of 2012, it will be possible to update the material as new information becomes available. The dates of all updates are indicated on the individual pages.
Contact details for those who wish to provide updated or corrected information:
The OHTA Gazetteer of pipe organs in Australia is available in either PDF or HTML format for selected States.
- Organs of Australia & New Zealand
- (a general index page to the Gazetteers of all Australian States plus New Zealand, with links to neighbouring countries)
- The Organ in Australia a brief history
- Organs of Sydney website (a database of all known organs in Sydney)
- The Organ Society of Western Australia web site on Western Australian Pipe Organs