Wesley Uniting Church (formerly Methodist)
C.W.Leggo 1920, 2m., 12 sp.st., tub. pn.
rem. 1988 to North Belconnen Uniting Church
Conley Drive, Melba
Click here for North Belconnen Uniting Church
Photos: Trevor Bunning
From 2001 OHTA Conference booklet:
This organ was built in 1920 by C.W. Leggo of Sydney for Wesley Methodist Church, Singleton, in the Hunter Valley. Originally positioned centrally in that building, a duplicate pipe front and chamber (housing a vestry) was constructed when the organ was moved to the side of the rebuilt sanctuary after World War II. The instrument was clearly a showpiece for Leggo, as he made considerable use of a photograph of it in later advertisements for his work. The specification of the organ was drawn up by Dr C.A Jarman, an eminent organist best known for his period at All Saints' Cathedral, Bathurst, and also for a number of fine hymn tune descants used by Methodist choirs throughout the state. The case, of Queensland maple, was made by F. W. Tod & Co. 
Following the union of Methodists and Presbyterians in Singleton, the Methodist building became surplus to the needs of the Uniting Church. The organ was removed in 1988, leaving the non-functional duplicate case remaining at Singleton. The task to install the organ at Melba has been undertaken by a band of volunteers with guidance from Trevor Bunning and others. At the time of' writing only the Great division had been made playable.
The specification is:
Balanced swell pedal