St Andrew's Uniting (Presbyterian) Church
St. Georges Terrace, Perth

First organ, see: Kalgoorlie. St John's Anglican Church.
Present organ, B. 1924 Roberts Ltd, Adelaide (job no 73); elec.
1953 J.E. Dodd and Sons Gunstar Organ Works, Adelaide.
Organ relocated from centre to transept 1957.
2m., 20 sp.st.,7c.,el.pn. Gt: 8.8.8.4.4.2.8. Sw: 8.8.8.8.4.III.8.8. Ped:
Reb. and enl. 1986 F.J. Larner & Co. & moved to transept.
2m., 36 sp.st., 8c., el.pn. Gt: 16.8.8.4.4.2-2/3.2.IV.16.8.8.4.
Sw: 8.8.8.8.4.4.2-2/3.2.l-3/5.1-l/3.III.16.8.8.
Ped: 32.16.16.16.8.8.4.16.8.4.










From OHTA Conference Book 2004:

St Andrew's Church was built of brick in 1906 and designed by James Hinse in a contemporary arts and crafts Gothic idiom, and includes a nave, broad transepts and a tower capped by a metal spire.  Hine was an English-trained architect who arrived in the West in 1895 via South Africa and NSW.  The interior includes notable carved furnishings.

The organ, originally of 20 speaking stops and tubular-pneumatic action, was built in 1924 by W L Roberts (job no. 73) at a cost of £1,551 and rebuilt in 1954 by J E Dodd & Sons Gunstar Organ Works, Adelaide. A major rebuild by F J Larner and Co. took place in 1986.  At this time the organ was relocated to the east transept, a new console was supplied, major tonal additions took place, and the casework reconfigured. It now has three projecting v-towers and six flats, two of which are of double-storey formation.


Great
Bourdon
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Octave
Harmonic Flute
Twelfth
Fifteenth
Fourniture 19.22.26.29
Double Trumpet
Trumpet
Clarionet
Clarion

Swell
Violin Diapason
Clarabella
Gamba
Celeste
Gemshorn
Chimney Flute
Nazard
Flageolet
Tierce
Quint
Mixture 15.19.22.
Double Clarionet
Horn
Oboe
Tremulant

Pedal
Resultant Bass
Contra Bass
Subbass
Bourdon
Octave
Bass Flute
Fifteenth
Trombone
Trumpet
Clarion


16
8
8
4
4
2-2/3
2
IV
16
8
8
4


8
8
8
8
4
4
2-2/3
2
1-3/5
1-1/3
III
16
8
8



32
16
16
16
8
8
4
16
8
4

A




*

*
B*
B
C
B*





TG

D*
E*
D*
TC*
E*

TC C





various
F
G
A
F*
G
F*
B*
B*
B*


* 1986 additions

Compass: 61/30

Electro-pneumatic action

7 couplers

Adjustable thumb and toe pistons

Detached drawstop console



• Ian Nolyneux, Looking around Perth: a guide to the architecture of Perth and surrounding towns. East Fremantle: Wescolour, 1981, p.44.

• W L Roberts: transcription of the Roberts order book, compiled by David Shield.


 

 













Photos: Trevor Bunning (March 2009)