St Francis' Catholic Church
Lonsdale Street, Melbourne

Casavant Frères Op. 3800, (2000), Gallery and Sanctuary organs
3 manuals, 37 speaking stops, 47 ranks, electric action






Information from Sydney Conservatorium organ ramble notes (April 2007) and Casavant website:

St Francis' Church is the oldest Catholic Church in Victoria. It was completed in 1842 and was used as the cathedral from 1848-1869. The new organ occupies two locations in the building, the main instrument (Gallery Organ) in the rear gallery and the Sanctuary Organ, housed in cases on either side of the sanctuary. Both organs are played from a three manual console located down the front of the nave on the right.

The specification is:

Gallery Organ

Great
Bourdon
Montre
Flûte à cheminée
Prestant
Doublette
Dessus de Cornet II-IV
Fourniture IV
Trompette
Clarion
Great 16'
Unison Off

Swell
Flûte majeure
Viole de Gambe
Voix Céleste (GG)
Octave
Octavin
Plein Jeu III-V
Basson
Trompette harmonique
Clarinette
Tremblant
Swell 16'
Unison Off
Swell 4'

Pedal
Basse Résultante
Contrebasse
Soubasse
Violoncelle
Bourdon
Octave
Bombarde
Trompette

16
8
8
4
2
2-2/3
1-1/3
8
4




8
8
8
4
2
2
16
8
8






32
16
16
8
8
4
16
8































Gt

Gt

A
A


Sanctuary Organ

Great
Bourdon
Montre
Flûte harmonique
Prestant
Quinte
Doublette
Sanctuary Great Unison Off

Swell
Cor de nuit
Salicional
Unda maris (TC)
Flûte douce
Nazard
Piccolo
Tierce
Trompette harmonique
Tremblant
Swell 16'
Unison Off
Swell 4'

Pedal
Bourdon
Basse

16
8
8
4
2-2/3
2



8
8
8
4
2-2/3
2
1-3/5
8






16
8
























Gt


Compass 61/32
Electric slider action

French terraced-style drawstop console


 











Photos: Mark Quarmby (Nov 2008)