Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Holy Trinity Church was designed in Early English gothic style by David Relph Drape and built from local schist with granite dressings. The nave was opened in 1861 and the building progressively enlarged until 1889.[l], It consists of a nave, chancel, western porch, organ chamber and vestry. The interior is of particular note for the splendid east window dating from 1864, the work of accomplished artist John Lyon; other windows include the signed work of William Montgomery.
The first pipe organ in the church was installed in 1865 and is believed to be the Bevington organ now at Holy Trinity Cathedral, Wangaratta. The present organ was built by Fincham & Hobday at a cost of £273 and was opened on 26 April 1893. The instrument, which has been ingeniously accommodated within a confined space, has remained in a substantially intact state, apart from the addition of tuning slides and electric blowing. The restoration, by Australian Pipe Organs, took place in 1991, the work consisting of a complete overhaul of the mechanical action, windchests, console and pipework.
2 composition pedals to great
trigger swell lever
attached drawknob console
 Victorian Churches: their origins, their story & their architecture, edited by Miles Lewis. East Melbourne: National Trust of Australia (Victoria), 1991, p134
 Warren E. Hall, A ragstone church : a history of Holy Trinity, Maidon 1861-1986. Maldon: the church, 1986.
 Matthews Colonial Organs & Organbuilders. Carlton: Melbourne University Press, 1969, p174
Photos: John Maidment (2006)