Historical and Technical Documentation by John Maidment
© OHTA (last updated September 2011)
St Hugh's Church, an attractive building faced in stone, was opened in 1931. The interior includes a finely carved rood screen separating the chancel from the nave.
Roger Jones has constructed and donated a finely crafted new pipe organ for this building. It has been placed on one side to the rear of the building with mechanical key and stop action and a French-style pedal board, the first constructed by an Australian organbuilder. Most of the pipework is enclosed within glass doors that may be opened or closed. The embossed façade pipes come from the 2ft octave of the Prestant 4ft. The pipe shades consist of embossed metal vine leaves. The manual keys have arcaded fronts.
Flûte à Cheminée
Compass: Manual CC-G, 56 notes, Pedal pulldowns CC-C, 25 notes
Photos: John Maidment (August 2011)