St Andrew's Anglican Church
B. 1867 J.W. Walker, London (job no. 859).
1 manual, 7 speaking stops, 1 coupler, mechanical action
The foundation stone of the church was laid in 1836 and the building opened in 1842. Consecrated in March 1851, the chancel and tower were added in 1859-60, the building consists of a west end tower with lancet openings and crenellated parapet, six-bay nave and chancel . The interior includes many carvings by the accomplished local artist Ellen Nora Payne (1865-1962) including the pulpit (1905), rood screen, prayer desk, font cover and reredos . The location opposite the village green is particularly appealing.
J.W. Walker, London, completed the organ in 1867, job number 859. It remains unaltered from the original part from the overpainting of the façade pipes and the addition of electric blowing.
The entry in the Walker ledger book for August 1866 records:
"The whole enclosed in a General Venetian swell except the front speaking pipes To have a neat stained & varnished Case, with fine spotted metal speaking pipes in front abt. 8ft 6in. to 9ft. wide 5ft. 6in. deep and 13ft. high The whole of the metal pipes to be made of fine spotted metal Carefully packed in stout packing Cases [delicate parts in Tin lined cases, & delivered to a Dock in London]". 
The console, which is enclosed within a projecting and folding box-like cover, has oak fittings.
MANUAL Bourdon 16 tone CCC-BBB Open Diapason 8 bass in front Stopd Bass & Clarabella Treble 8 Dulciana 8 grooved bass Principal 4 Flute 4 Fifteenth 2
3 composition pedals
trigger swell lever
compass: 56/25 
 The Heritage of Tasmania: the Illustrated Register of the National Estate (South Melbourne: Macmillan, 1983), p.150; Dorothea I. Henslowe, Our Heritage of Anglican Churches in Tasmania (Moonah, Tasmania: Mercury Walch, c. 1979), pp. 64-65
 Caroline Miley, Beautiful & Useful: the Arts and Crafts Movement in Tasmania (Launceston: Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, 1987), pp.55-56
 J.W. Walker Ledger Book AA
 Inspected, photographed and details recorded 1970 John Maidment